AAZZUR seeks Head of Marketing to join Berlin-based team
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, hands-on Head of Marketing to prepare the company and the market for our launch and our good standing within the fintech community.
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
The position reports to the Executive Director and serves as a member of the senior management team, charting the direction of the Organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
Marketing, communications and public relations
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will launch AAZZUR successfully to the market, general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for identification, measurement and marketing to our customer target (customers with multiple banking relationships across Europe)
Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
Support the CEO with events and marketing related activities
Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the CEO
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- AAZZUR will be a rapidly growing fintech company and as such being a team player is key, but also being able to lead others in a fast-growing company is of vital importance.
Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel.
- Help Recruit, train, develop, and guide qualified personnel.
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the fintech sector
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising
- Launch experience
- Growth hacking experience
- Working within a startup and limited resources a strong plus
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
- Fluent in English and German. Multiple Languages is a plus
AAZZUR delivers pan-European banking services tailored to customers requiring full-stack banking services across two or more countries. Recently founded by an award-winning team (Philipp Buschmann, Martin Damaske and Richard Unger), AAZZUR reimagines the next generation mobile-banking platform, a platform for life. Instead of having multiple banks across Europe, AAZZUR is the only account/bank relationship you will ever need again.
- A key role in our top management team
- The chance to join at an early stage with opportunity for participation and growth with the company
- Professional and personal development in a dynamic, vibrant and international environment